Friday, November 8, 2013

three hundred and twelve


I've tried a couple of different ways to 'give thanks' as a family over the holidays
and this year I've come up with a new idea that seems to be working.
I used my very favorite embossed leaf punch on different colored papers
and stamped them with 'thanks.'  Then, we write what we are thankful for on the other side
and toss it into the pot.  The plan is to read through them on Thanksgiving.
There's nothing better than the simple things in life written in the scrawl of little hands.


5 comments:

Nicki said...

Great idea - sounds like it would make for a good tradition as well.

Kathy McB said...

I love the light in your first photo. What a fun idea for Thanksgiving!

Sophi Belle said...

Such a lovely idea and the photos are gorgeous!!

tiarastantrums said...

oh I adore this idea - I think I might steal it if you don't mind!

The Lady Okie said...

So cute! I feel like this is something my mom would totally love to do with us. Not that I'm comparing you to my mom. I'm just saying she loves this kind of stuff! :)