Sunday, November 3, 2013

three hundred and six



We were finally able to trick or treat this weekend.  I will be glad to pack up what costumes I can smuggle away to the attic and to eventually be free of easy access to the 'fun size' candy bars.  Nothing fun about the awful things I've been eating!  But it is sad to say goodbye to October, to see the trees shedding the last of their leaves, and the final blow--turning back the clocks.

Dress Up

Candy


Orange


Spooky

Pumpkin

Last night our little dog got loose and spent a good 30 minutes up the hill chasing cows.  It was dark and since she never comes when I call her, I didn't know how we would get her back.  She's been very hard to train, and our relationship has had its ups and downs...but I would miss her terribly.  Luckily, my husband remembered he had a dog whistle.  He came out and blew it, and before you knew it, there she was running home.  Go figure.


17 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Your pictures just have such an amazing vibe to them - gorgeous!

Nancy Claeys said...

Little rascal -- I'm sure it was a scary few moments.

Stephanie said...

Your DressUp and Spooky photos are fantastic. I totally know what it's like to have a dog that doesn't respond when called.

Nicki said...

Fantastic pictures and farewell to October. Dog whistle, humm - nice little secret he might have wanted to share with you all those times you stood out there calling wistfully for a dog that ignores human commands. Guess the little ghosts and goblins aren't the only tricksters.

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Lovely little scary persons! And you had no idea about the dog whistle? Hmmmmmmm! Lovely images.

Boo Kitty Boo said...

Lovely shots. The dress up is aazing and the dog is so cute. Is it a chocolate lab.

Boo Kitty Boo XXX

Ida said...

Really great set.
Your Dress-Up shot is awesome (my favorite)
Candy - Doesn't she have a guilty look, so cute.
Spooky was cool looking.
Pumpkin was really nice, great lighting.
Orange...awww how cute.

So happy you got your other dog home safely. I know we'd miss our furry friends if they escaped and we couldn't find them.

Jeanne said...

Love this shot of your dog!

Adrienne said...

Love that dress up shot - still get a kick out of the gorilla every time I see him...just a hoot of a birthday request! We've had a wonderful weekend with our grand-puppy...couldn't imaging loosing him!

Karen S. said...

Your first photo, what a prize that is! The dogs are adorable, and the wee ones too, that pumpkin rocks! Spooky is a stunning spooky!

Saun said...

Love that first shot and the last one. I do hate it when they run off like that.

Kim said...

These are so sweet and fun!

Sarah Cass said...

Oh my gosh...that dress up shot is spectacular...and the spooky is aptly chosen...

and your songography photo made me smile.

Linda R said...

Lots of great photos here. That first photo is amazing. Well done. And I love the shot of your dog. So sweet..

Linda~

Kathy McB said...

Oh those furry four-legged bundles of angst AND joy....I have a couple myself, and MY life would TOTALLY suck without them (even tho I swear I"m gonna get rid of them, lol) Thanks for joining in on Song-ography!

molly said...

Love the dark shot with the little light but my fav is the first one, they look like a little rabble of characters off on an adventure

mollyxxx

Katie said...

Great photos! I love the first one!

I am so glad that your dog came home! It is so upsetting when they leave and they don't come when you call. Our dog is almost deaf, and he got out of an open gate once. I was so scared because he couldn't hear us call, but a neighbor found him and brought him home.