Sunday, November 3, 2013

three hundred and seven




As the calender flips to November, I can't help but flash forward to the upcoming holidays and the turn to a new year.  Next year will hold many, many changes for me.  I've been wondering a lot about how that will go, how I will move one once the kids are all in school.  I'm looking forward to it, but I know chances are that it will not be what I expect--in good and bad ways.  In fact, I already find myself lamenting the passing of this stage, even though I've been looking forward to something new.

And as I prepare for the end of my 365 project, I have finally thought of a suitable labor of love to fill the void.  I'm planning on going through all my old pictures and making a book--a sort of retrospective on my time at home.  I hope I'll be able to reedit some of my older pictures and really embrace all the ups and downs and memories of this time with the kids.  I know it will be cathartic, I'm just hoping it doesn't make me a weepy, nostalgic mess.


6 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I just love that picture with the little hands. So darn sweet.

Adrienne said...

What a great idea. I'm sure there will be some tears...but I'm guessing the story telling will fill you up, and that "mess" won't figure into it! I just started sorting old photos for a scrapbook...we've lived in 13 different apts/houses in our almost 30 years of marriage. I've decided to tell our story through the history of all these places. Going to take some digging, scanning, editing...but it's on my heart!

amanda | wildly simple said...

I love hand photos (happened to submit one for Simple Things today, too).. oh, how they grow!

Nancy Claeys said...

It sounds like a wonderful project -- only I don't envy you in trying to choose the photos to include! :)

Angela said...

Wow, what sweet photos. I love the book idea. I hope the transition to having your little one in school goes well. I have 3 little ones and I can't imagine what that would feel like!

Kerri Farley said...

Treasures worth more than gold.....LOVE these shots!