Friday, November 1, 2013

three hundred and four

We don't usually buy Halloween costumes around here, especially when we already have enough dress up clothes to outfit a neighborhood of children.  But, I saw this mermaid costume (and it was cheaper than the dress up clothes they normally sell in stores) and I knew how much a certain someone would love it.
It was actually supposed to be a birthday present...but well, it just couldn't wait that long.


We don't trick or treat during the week because of a busy road in our neighborhood, 
but my little garden mermaid still enjoyed her outfit for the day.


I really wanted to get a night time shot, 
and I tried a long time to edit this shot into what I envisioned.  
So close.  It really ticks me off when I have a shot in my head and I just can't get it.
Little Mermaid didn't care, she had other shots in mind.


 Amid the Halloween madness, I managed to finally pull together the components for my daughter's class bazaar basket.  Alice in Wonderland dress up, bakery gift card and tea party supplies.


And lastly, the trick is...I ate all your treats...


Hope you had a great Halloween!

18 comments:

Nancy Claeys said...

Wonderful, mystical post for the holiday Brandi -- you are so darn creative! xo

Buttons said...

Oh your Little Garden Mermaid is so beautiful and so is your photography. B

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

She makes a wonderful mermaid. Love the last pic!

Karen said...

What a sweet mermaid! My granddaughter has the same costume and wears it all the time!

Pieni Lintu said...

Love your shots!

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

what took the show (or post 4 me) was the ghost doggie .... so cute!! i wonder how long that costume did last, before it was pulled off? ( ;

Kim Stevens said...

Love this post, the mermaid costume (photos look wonderful), oh my I love the collage of the mad tea party so much, and I'm still laughing as I type this over that last photo -- soo good! LOL

augcott said...

Awesome post! Awesome shots!
Awesome mermaid costume!
:-D

molly said...

Bouncing on the bed, the best activity ever.

Mollyxxx

W. Latane Barton said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable little mermaid.

Sophi Belle said...

Omg, the dog!! So cute! :)

Mitzi said...

Brandi, this was such a wonderful post. The mermaid costume indeed was a wonderful treat for your little mermaid. Love all the shots & that dog shot is classic!

Mona's Picturesque said...

Fantastic Halloween photos! :)
That little mermaid is so cute!
We don't celebrate Halloween in Finland but I wish we did. Looks SO much fun!

Lisa Mallette said...

Adorable little mermaid! And the spooky dog sneaking treats....Classic!

lisa said...

Oh, your Little Mermaid is adorable and what fantastic shots....but that last one really takes the cake. And it looks like he might have done just that!

edenhills said...

Adorable little mermaid. These are all great shots, but my favorite just has to be the last one!

Branson said...

Wonderful photos! My personal favorite is the ghost doggy! :)

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Love that third photo! Makes me wonder what's out there in the dark.