Monday, October 7, 2013

two hundred and seventy nine



It's Monday.  I haven't yet come up with a new photography exercise, but today I'm just going with 'keeping it real,' because things don't always go the way you want.  We took a gorgeous hike in the woods, with flowing streams and green moss and beautiful falling leaves.  I took gobs of pictures, only to find later that they were completely lackluster.  Over exposed, under exposed, blurry...I did not manage to capture the beauty.

Not only were the pictures a disappointment, but our day together included a lot of bickering.  We definitely disrupted anyone's quest for a serene Sunday walk in the woods, and the chaos followed us along to a restaurant stop for dinner. In fact, the chaos follows us just about anywhere.  There is a lot of love in our family, but there is also all that other stuff that goes with family, too.  And I guess that's just life!




1 comment:

The Lady Okie said...

At least there's love, even though sometimes you have the other stuff. Also, I feel bad for saying this, but it makes me feel better to know you took a bunch of pictures that ended up being not so great. Not that I wanted that to happen, but I just feel better knowing it's not just me :)