Friday, October 18, 2013

two hundred and ninety


Well, it's happened.  I'm now the mother of a teenager.  (And I finally got a decent birthday candle shot.  Cranking up my ISO to 1600 seemed to help.)   I'm happy to say he still seems his old, jovial self...I'll be sure and let you know when the emotional mood swings kick in!  It's hard to believe at one point in time he was just a tiny babe in my arms...


We spent a lovely morning at an arboretum submitting pumpkins for a jack-0-lantern contest.  We were there bright and early, because the first registrants got a gift certificate for ice cream at a local hot spot.  A golden ticket, if you will.


And then it rained.  Again.

And I made puppy chow.  Again.  Burp.

Our patches of autumn sunshine have been just gorgeous.


Have a great weekend!



15 comments:

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Gorgeous light in your photos Brandi -- as usual! Happy Birthday to your new teenager -- and good luck. :) I had two teen boys at one time and it was an exercise in patience at times. But I and they survived.

Have a lovely weekend. xo

Tanya Breese said...

oh gosh, i LOVE your photos! happy birthday to your new teen! i have 2 of those at home!

Lynn said...

Super photos, I especially love the two of your daughter! And congratulations to the teen, such a big moment and the photo of the two of you is sweet, time flies.

Buttons said...

Happy Birthday to the teenager:) LOVE your photos especially the one of the flying beautiful girl:) B

Stephanie said...

I think that's the best candle shot I've ever seen.

Susan W said...

Love the photos and the great candle shot. Congratulations on the teen, you'll make it through it, I did. They really become remarkable people during and after these years.

Snap said...

happy birthday to your new teen ... great candle shot. lovely shots of your little girl. some sweet memories you've shared... pumpkins and all. have a great week.

W. Latane Barton said...

happy birthday to your teen. those years are filled with fun and frustration. You will do fine, Mom.

Karen said...

Awesome birthday photo, I will have to remember that camera setting!

Ida said...

Oh the joys of having a teenager in the house. It's a few years early for yet for Coleen but her "pre-teen" days are enough for this grandma. - Great birthday cake shot.
So happy you are enjoying patches of autumn sunshine. Your little girl looks so cute and happy.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The shot of the girl running away is great...really great! Visiting via A Rural Journal.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Congratulations on having a teenager, and good luck with that. That last shot is amazing.

Kelly said...

Welcome to teenager world...I have to say, mine wasn't horrible...and I went through 3 times. For THAT i am truly thankful.

Miss Kodee said...

I remember that shock - then again when they hit 20!

I really like the perspective of the grass and translucent leave photograph.

Sharon said...

I love the angle on that last lawn photo. And you did get a wonderfully lit birthday photo. Your son is handsome, too :). I've never even tried ISO 1600. Good idea -- I'm going to try it out.