Sunday, October 20, 2013

two hundred and ninety three


I took an overnight trip all by myself this weekend.  I went back to my roots for my 20 year high school reunion.  It was a little surreal to feel and see the effects of time in my classmates, and yet to find personalities and relationships felt so much the same.  I am grateful and happy for these memories and bonds from my past, but I was eager to get back to the life I am leading now.  I no longer have the weight of insecurity as I did in my youth.  I recognize that we all have our flaws, and we all have our gifts.  I know more who I am, appreciate what I have, and look forward to what is to come.  And what came were many hugs from my children upon my return, and a date in the spring for a weekend with old girlfriends.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I've never been to a high school reunion...though I have slowly begun to reconnect to a few people from way back then. High school wasn't great for me, so it has taken a lot to respond to the people who have reached out to me - but it's been good and brought about some healing! I'm taking off, by myself, for four days. This is a first! Four days! It's only my husband that I "leave behind" at this stage..but it feels so odd to be venturing out without him!