Monday, October 14, 2013

two hundred and eighty seven




I feel some tricky light situations coming on for my week of photography.  First off, the days are getting shorter and daylight savings is right around the corner.  Plus, I'm going to become the parent of a teenager this week, and I always want (and never get) a good picture of the birthday candles.  We're also participating in a jack-o-lantern carving competition and I'd just love to get a shot of that!  I see a hot mess of blurry pictures in my future, but just maybe I'll get a few keepers in the bunch.  I don't always get what is technically the right exposure...but I usually get something I like.  Eventually.

A few low light photography tips from the experts.  And a few more.


Tuesday Muse




7 comments:

augcott said...

Dang! Those are awesome shots!!!!
Thanks for sharing the tips. :-D

Stephanie said...

These are great shots. I'm sure your birthday candle shot will be awesome this year.

Pat said...

Cute series.

Tanya Breese said...

these were great and i really, really love that last one!

Ida said...

What a cutie pie! You got some great shots.

Linda said...

Wonderful photographs! Love the light.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

One of the main reasons most of my shots are outside -- I pretty much suck at indoor photography, unlike you Brandi. These are so sweet.