Saturday, September 21, 2013

two hundred and sixty three

I'd like to say my experiment in 'five frames' was a success.  I hated doing it, and for some reason that makes me feel like it was good for me.  I'm sure it was.  I will definitely think more before my shot and try very hard to be more economical with my picture taking.  But in all honesty, at 5 frames...I'm just getting warmed up.  I don't know my exposures well enough to get it right the first time and my first guess is usually wrong.  Sometimes very wrong.  And so I have to meander to the shot I want.  And sometimes then I still don't get it.  I just have to be content meandering for a while, but I want to get there--to a place that is more precise.

And no, I didn't stop at 5 frames most days.  I used one from the first five shots for blog purposes, but then we'd find a corn maze...


or have our first caramel apples of the season...



or take a walk...


or ride bikes...




 or play at the playground.  
You get the picture.  Or pictures.



Perhaps I just enjoy taking them.
Getting a good shot is just the icing on the cake.


4 comments:

Adrienne said...

These are delightful!! I could never be a five frame gal...cause I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing ~ it takes much .... what did you call it? Wandering? Also, if I see something I want, I couldn't resist trying to get a shot!!

Adrienne said...

Sorry, back again. LOVE that corn maze shot!

The Lady Okie said...

These are gorgeous, Brandi!

Kathy McB said...

Wow...totally enamored with that first shot. The lighting and the perspective are magnificent!