Wednesday, September 4, 2013

two hundred and forty six


My son switched football leagues this year, and I was happily surprised by how much attention was put on safety and concussion awareness at the start.  I felt a little differently after the first game, when the other team  threw two nasty hits, one of which was given to my son as he carried the ball.  He came out of the game a bit dizzy a few plays later and his coach made him sit out the rest of the game as a precaution.  I couldn't tell if it was the hit, the heat or the benching that had my son upset, but he was really fine.  Except when he was asked to do any sort of work, then he suddenly went loopy...and started answering bananas.  It's hard to monitor a smart-a$$ for a concussion.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Laughing over here! What a goofball! And what a brave mommy...soccer was almost more than I could take sometimes...and it's nothing compared to what the football kids go through! Sounds like he's in a great league - and that he's a great kid!

Nicki said...

oh he's good, he's really good! Enjoy the season and hope it is a safe one.

carol l mckenna said...

Great photo ~ somethings don't change ~ adolescence! happy day to you ~ carol, xo

Stephanie said...

Funny kid - I bet you weren't able to keep a straight face.

Nancy Claeys said...

Smass A$$ indeed -- but glad he's okay.