A chip off the ol' block.
1. I'd like to say my third child is a lot like me. She's quiet and responsible and smart as a whip. She wants to learn things. She recently called me out for not having taught her to tie her shoes, insisting on wearing her sister's old lace ups over new velcro shoes. She also started the Harry Potter books at the end of August and is already on the third book. In between she read Charlotte's Web. Did I mention she just started first grade? Totally bragging here! And no, she's probably nothing like me. I can't even keep my days straight.
2. I was supposed to spend today cleaning my house, because my mother was coming to town. My mom is pretty awesome. She will play with my kids, read them stories, give them a bath, and clean my house. When I was having babies (for like a decade) I'd be appreciative and just say 'thank you,' but now it's kinda awkward...cause I should really be cleaning my own house, ya know? It makes her visits stressful, cause I just can't seem to keep the house clean.
3. Turns out my mom isn't coming, so I can waste the morning visiting cool design blogs instead of actually cleaning my house. Which is very counterproductive.
4. I've been trying to get inspired with color in my photography, but it hasn't been going very well.
5. I keep rawhide chews on the top shelf in our mud room. My dog (the one who eats corn cobs) has started standing in the mud room, looking at me and then looking very obviously up to the shelf with the chewies and back to me with pleading eyes. It's the cutest thing. And I'm a sucker.
Have a great weekend!