Thursday, August 1, 2013

two hundred and twelve


I spotted another of these swallowtails yesterday.  I hope it isn't the same one I photographed a few days ago, or he's certainly having a rough time of it!  Seems I'm not the only one feeling a little worn this midsummer.  Poor guy!

I do feel a bit of a second wind coming.  Something about seeing August on the top of the calender makes me want to squeeze a bit more into the summer, I suppose.  But, yesterday involved a lot of puzzles, workbooks, math games, etc., as we waited on the appliance repairman.  It was actually a pleasant change of pace for everyone (since I've pretty much been shirking a lot of the educational activities).  And we at last got to the library.  I brought home an Ansel Adams book (they didn't have a copy of Please Don't Eat the Daisies) and am currently planning a tour of national parks for next summer.





2 comments:

Nancy said...

Amazing images Brandi -- and I'm so excited for you and your national parks plan. I hope we can do that after my husband retires in a few years.

S said...

Adorable views...

Have a happy day!

http://elamaakuvina.blogspot.fi/