Friday, August 2, 2013

two hundred and thirteen


I have a profound affinity for
art museums.  I don't know how
my juvenile self came to it, 
but a grade school field trip
left me in love forever.  The
art, of course, is always lovely,
but there is something else.  A
feeling, a clean and bright space,
an escape from the every day?
I continue to try and show
my children a little of this,
though I am sure they will 
have to find their own nirvana.

And here is just a little
butterfly bit from today.  I can't
seem to stop from stalking them.


Linking with Six Word Fridays & 1440


4 comments:

Glenda Mills said...

These times with your children are so special as you make memories that will not soon be forgotten. Beautiful photos! Love the butterflies too!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE museums...just love them. It's one of the things I miss most about Europe. I've got to remember to take more advantage here - right around me. Also - keep stalking those butterflies!!

Kara said...

you have inspired me to go to an art museum. I haven't been to one in years.

augcott said...

I haven't been in a museum in such a long time .... now I want to go to one! :-D
The butterfly shots are stunning!