Saturday, July 20, 2013

two hundred

 I knew this was going to be a big summer in the pool.  Our youngest two were starting to get the hang of swimming last year, and I knew there'd be some big jumps coming this summer.  Very quickly our 6 year old took to the pool, and can now follow her older sister with ease.  It is the youngest who is desperate to keep up.  She is almost there, but giving me palpitations on a regular basis.  Because drowning doesn't look like drowning...and it can be hard to tell when she is struggling.  But I follow her like paparazzi, and she certainly seems to be having a wonderful time.  (I do try to get her to wear goggles, but it is only afterward that I realize how much she has her eyes open.)

On land is another story.  Despite my attempts to hold hands (restrain, warn, chide, etc.) my youngest fell 3 times last night while visiting her brother at camp, poked herself in the eye once and I still don't know how she managed to 
not fall in the lake...


Sometimes when I go to edit pictures I have to mess around an awful lot to get the look I want, but yesterday all the presets in picmonkey just fit the bill.


Except this last one, which I couldn't seem to edit in a way that seemed very interesting to me, but it does capture my youngest's ability to teeter on the edge of disaster...all the time.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Just as I'm thinking about gushing all over your amazing water shots - you outdo yourself with the lakeside pictures. Amazing!

Adrienne said...

What Nicki said. And, I adore that photo of the four of them!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

So wonderful! Love to swim! xo

Kathy McB said...

Adore those water shots, especially in black and white.

Kadee Willow said...

Wow! Do you know your way around a camera or what! I so enjoyed seeing each and every one! Your children will someday love flipping through each photo you took of them growing up and be filled with gratitude that they had a mom with a talent and the insight to document their everyday lives! Thanks for sharing!

Sivinden said...

Fabulous!