Monday, July 22, 2013

two hundred and two


 I was chasing butterflies in the garden again.
I think these are a Pipe-Vine Swallowtail (above)
and a Great Spangled Fritillary.
I'm curious as to how many different kinds we can find in our yard this summer.
Earlier we caught a Red Admiral (literally) and found some humming bird moths, yellow Swallowtails
and something else I can't identify.
(first one on day 195--shout it out if you know!)
Our butterfly bush is certainly living up to its name!


update:  I believe the butterfly from 195 is an American Painted Lady.  I know you were all on the edge of your seats!  :)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Good morning Brandi! Gorgeous images today (and every day!)

Kim Stevens said...

So beautiful! I have been raising monarch caterpillars and have released to date over 100, 3 pipevine swallowtails, and about a dozen black swallowtails. I just love them!