Tuesday, July 30, 2013

two hundred and ten


Yesterday was a good garden day.  We spotted this Swallowtail, which from all identification sites looks to be a 'Giant' and a bit of a rarity here in Pennsylvania.  And he was with a friend!


Then we found a ton of green beans for a casserole (and some garden onions were used for homemade french fried onions to top it).  I've successfully managed to avoid the store for a while because of our garden (and the midsummer wilyness of my children, which seems to significantly intensify in the grocery), but I'll have to break down and go today.  I do not have the borax required to make my own dish and laundry detergent. :)


6 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Such gorgeous shots, and I would love to get lost in this environment!

Cindy P said...

Beautiful butterflies! How delightful that you have so much of your own food! I can't wait until we're finally not living in an apartment and can have a large garden!

Kara said...

ooh wonderful beans!! And, less trips to the market...yay!!

Amanda Bumgarner said...

I love the shot of beans! Yum!

Nancy said...

I really need an assistant around here to hold up my props! These are gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Oh, those butterflies are magnificent! You got clear, beautiful shots of them. Bravo!