Wednesday, July 24, 2013

two hundred and four


We are having a lot of the same butterfly visitors in our garden, so to make things interesting I tried to catch these Pipe Vines 'in flight.'  I also tried to beat some of the summertime crazies by having the kids hunt butterflies in new ways, too.  I let my oldest daughter use my Nikon coolpix (shockproof as well as waterproof), and asked the younger two if they could do some sketches.  My daughter was awfully proud to get....


this picture of a Silver Spotted Skipper!


My other girls made lovely sketches of butterflies around the butterfly bush.


And then they went back to wild craziness.


We visited the local bakery for an after dinner treat
because I needed some chocolate.
It was one of those days.


Linking in with Black & White Wednesday



5 comments:

acreativeharbor.com said...

Lovely photography and such wonderful action photos ~ happy day to you ^_^

Kathy McB said...

Love the processing on the BW shots...is that some sort of a coco/chocolate action on them? Gorgeous!

Kara said...

What a lovely way to spend a summer's afternoon. I am thinking about buying some water color paints and trying to paint or sketch some nature scenes. I love that you did this all together. Very nice.

Kim Cunningham said...

That's quite a cupcake! Sometimes you do just need chocolate. Love all of these captures that are full of life.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I love these so much! It's wonderful that you've got the kids involved and have been encouraging them to take photos and draw this summer. :)

Thanks so much for sharing these with us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! Have a great weekend. :)