Wednesday, July 17, 2013

one hundred and ninety seven


Yesterday we went 'home' to celebrate the life of my great aunt.  Despite advancing age, she was always an extremely strong, active and vivacious woman, and in ways she seemed invincible.  She lived a very full life, with many friends, and it was hardest to see the pain in those she left behind--particularly her daughter.  Looking through a slideshow of pictures brought back so many wonderful memories of family and 'home.'  
I wish I were closer.  

We had to do a day trip so we could be back to gather eggs, close up our chickens and deal with the dogs.  I've been reading a Cesar Millan book about dog training in which he recommends you channel Oprah or another strong figure when dealing with your unruly dog...I'll be channeling Aunt Mary.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm sorry about the passing of your Aunt Mary - it sounds like she not only lived a full life, but one that had a positive impact on those around her. I think when all is said and done, that is the best we can hope for from our time on this earth.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm glad, though, that you have fond memories of her. Hopefully channeling her will help with the pets :)