Sunday, April 21, 2013

One hundred and ten


I started shooting manually in March.  Now I'm actually starting to lose my mind with all this sunshine.  The extremes in light and shadow, combined with moving subjects and adventures in metering methods are making me just a little frustrated.  So, I've been practicing a lot, and with picmonkey experimenting, I've got lots of pictures to join in a
Scavenger Hunt.

There have been plenty of lows and highs this week, for sure, in many ways.


Happiness

Spring in black and white

I have faith this dog will become like family.  
(The good, dependable kind of family, instead of the kind that destroys your stuff and craps everything up.  Sigh.)

fuzzy

gathering or provide

13 comments:

Kara Claflin said...

Beautiful shots. I love happiness and gathering. the lighting is great. Good luck with the puppy...he sure is cute.

Lauri said...

So many nice shots, I really love the sun flare in the last shot.
Linked from Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Tamar SB said...

These are amazing! Love the swing shot and the lighting in provide is stunning!!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Lovely set. The perspective on that first shot is beautiful, and I hear you with the light and shadows. I growl a bit here too!

Patti G said...

LoViNg "Gathering" - great composition.
Your whole set is amazing though!

Adrienne said...

The happiness of the children - just love it...for so many reasons! The black and white is stunning.

Kathy McB said...

I am a failure...I just can't bring myself to shoot totally in manual. I have faith that if I practiced, I would get it down. BUT...I also have faith that I'm gonna miss TONS of photo ops in the process due to my taking too much time figuring out my settings. Kudos to you for taking the leap! That last photo is my fav. The light streaming in and highlighting the hair....sigh.

Karen said...

Your Happiness photo just keeps me going back for a second, third, fourth look! The facial expressions...the hair blowing.....LOVE it!

Patrice said...

Great shots, Brandi - love Happiness!

Nicki said...

Not only are you making it work for you, you totally rocked this week's words. Love the shots of the kids playing - perfect!

Christine E-E said...

Happiness is so adorable. You sure have me fooled thinking you were challenged with light. The smiles on the girl's faces really speak to the fun swinging at the park can bring.

Brooke said...

i think the spring and gathering are my two favorites. lovely photos :)

Ida said...

A lovely set. Your lighting was gorgeous in the Happiness and Gathering shots. I think they are my favorites.