Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year


I love this time of year.  A clean slate, fresh start, new year.  My resolutions are starting to recycle pretty reliably, and usually revolve around getting organized or in shape.  But before I fret over how to make them stick this year, I'll take a little trip through the year past to remind myself that things are pretty good even when my closets are messy and I've got a few extra pounds.

Last winter was mild.  I was surprised to look through pictures and find a lot of time outside, but not a whole lot of snow (unlike right now!).  This first picture my son let me use to make valentines for school (happy heart day!) and I'm pretty sure now that he's in middle school, I won't ever get to do that again. 


My youngest started preschool this past fall, and I love this little moment captured last spring of her in quiet play.  Her days will fill up with school and activities soon enough...and this time will be gone.


The first chess lesson.  This little curly Q exploded with her reading and excelled in school.


In the spring we said goodbye to our dog, Josie.  We miss her so.


We celebrated a first Holy Communion and a lovely young lady.


Bubbles and swimsuits came out early this year,


and we spent many summer days in books...


and many nights watching summer lights.


In the fall we traveled to new places...


and had new experiences.


And in the winter, we had a sad reminder of how precious our children are, and felt very appreciative of them as we headed out to choose a Christmas tree.


And finally, in December, we had a new addition to our family.  And while it's been rather exhausting to bring in a new puppy, everybody seems to be settling in just fine...and ready to jump in to 2013!


Happy New Year!





Top 12 of 2012














5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow...what a year you had! And such wonderful memories you captured. Would you mind sharing your camera settings for that firework shot? It's downright spectacular!

Adrienne said...

Lovely collection of shots. I remembered most of them! I really love that shot of your daughter sweetly playing....those sweet, early days of childhood. Glad we connected this year, your photos and your spirit are a blessing in my life.

Nicki said...

A very enjoyable trip through your year, told beautifully through pictures.

Brooke said...

WOW! I loved each and every single shot. What an amazing year you had. Happy New Year to you ;D

Kaeley said...

Hey Brandi!! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Head on over to http://myminds-lens.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html and see what all it entails!!