Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sunsets


We were away in Nantucket last week for a family wedding.  Such a fun time!  I wanted to catch some island sunsets, so I suggested an evening visit to the beach. We ended up with an entourage of family laughing and splashing in the waves...and in the midst of the fun and sun and clouds (and a few occasional tears), I realized I didn't really know how to get the beach silhouette I was looking for.  I messed around with my settings as best I could, but sadly, I had to edit these pretty hard--Boo.  I should have read about it first, but sometimes things just happen.  These are still fun captures for me and wonderful memories of our time together.
It never hurts to give it a go and it just gives me an excuse to chase more sunsets!



linking with

13 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I really love these photos! I can never figure out how to do silhouettes, so I'll have to check out that link.

Debbie said...

Great shots!

Nikki said...

I love your silhouettes. Mine usually happen by mistake. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

LisaS said...

Beautiful photos!

Nina Bille said...

The pictures tell me that you all have had such a lovely weekend!
The dark silhuets & sunset looks beautiful!

Sarahmumof3 said...

Sunch beautiful photographs! I love them all x

Nancy Claeys said...

These silhouettes against a gorgeous ocean are amazing Brandi. Thanks so much for sharing at YSB this week. xo

Kathy said...

I realize I REALLY need to work on shooting in low light conditions. But I think you did a great job with these silhouettes...heavy editing or not :) Nantucket, wow...haven't been there for AGES. Like 30 years ago for my honeymoon!

debra said...

These are just gorgeous!

Liam said...

Great silhouettes. I love the sky colors too. :):)

Pieni Lintu said...

So lovely!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! Colors are great, and the sense of fun and freedom is evident in each of them!

Marlo RepurposeMyLife said...

love the action shot! Thanks for sharing at Your Sunday Best.