Thursday, October 18, 2012

Simple


I've been a little despondent this week, and it made for a collision course when I happened to bake the best birthday cake for my son.  Yes, I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm going to tell you what put it over the top--a little simple syrup brushed over the layers before I frosted it.  Maybe everybody already knows this trick?  If you've never tried it, do it now.  But be aware...it's not a good idea to be alone with the leftovers.  


After polishing off the leftover cake, my sweet girls surprised me with a tea party and told me funny stories.
I'm not so despondent any more, but...*burp*...I'm feeling a little full.



Linking in with  


9 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I will have to remember that with the cake. I have one to bake this weekend - my oldest is turning 6.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Oh what an excellent idea ~ syrup ~ don't make cake anymore ~ no around to eat it and I am only 5'1' so it wouldn't look good on me ~ LOL ~ Love your girls ~ so beautiful~ ( A Creative Harbor)

thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

Danielle Huddleston said...

I am a throw it in a 9X13 and slap some store bought frosting on top kind of girl :) One more step sounds like a lot of work to me! Good for you though, I would like to eat it :) Beautiful pic.

Boni Lady said...

never heard of the simple syrup idea... sounds extra YUMMY!

Pat said...

Mmm...cake! Sounds like your daughters knew how to cheer you up.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I've never heard of that trick, but now I have to try it! I'm sure it makes cake even more irresistible.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Thanks for the tip♫♪ Happy Thursday♥

Tina Fisher said...

He he.....visiting from embrace. Love the photos!

Nancy Claeys said...

Aww -- so nice your little cheered you up. Very sweet photo of you two. :)