Monday, October 8, 2012

First Taste


While we were off on our whirlwind trip up the coast, my dearest mother was tending the flock at home.
We returned to find our first dozen eggs, and we've even had some laid in the coup!
This morning, we had the first taste of our fresh eggs, including a double!


Unfortunately, somebody doesn't like stealing our chickens' babies.
Eventually, she had some.  We like eggs too much to resist.


Then we went to search for more.  In tutus.  Cause that's how we roll.


We found another half dozen being cared for by the front steps. 
The egg hunt continues.




3 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love this post so much. Aren't green eggs the best? I've only had one double-yolker in 3 years but it's so exciting.

All these photos are gorgeous, especially your girl's eyes. Beautiful!

Adrienne said...

I can't even imagine! I told my husband about your chickens and your egg hunting - he was envious!! That photo of your daughter is precious.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

FUN!!! Love the colors and the cute little broody hen! (and gathering in tutus too!