Thursday, October 25, 2012

Embracing the Weather



I love this time of year.  Beautiful colors have been blanketing the rolling hills where we live.  We've pulled the last of the garden gifts--finally a success with our pumpkins--and said goodbye with a garden clean up and rototill.  Soon it will be time to start imagining next year's garden.  


But first, there will be a few more chores around the yard, especially as our large oak begins to drop its leaves.





The chickens seem to enjoy playing in the leaves as much as we do!
And soon, we'll have the skeletons of trees...it makes me cold to think of them bare.


For now, though, we've been having a second summer.  
We're trying to kick at the last of the leaves on the trees...





as we enjoy what time we have left with our swings.


 I'm just hoping we can hold onto a little of this beauty and warmth until Trick or Treating...
unlike last year!


Hope you are enjoying a wonderful fall!



Linking in with

16 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What great pictures! I love your oak.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Fantastic photos ~the girl is a real cutie and actions shots are delightful ~ glad you are enjoying Fall ~ We are too in MA ~ ( Creative Harbor) ^_^

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful story in photos - I'm hoping we see some sun today to go w/ the 70's weather!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Amazing photos! Those leaves are spectacular. My chickens love to play in the leaves as well :)

Kaeley said...

Such beautiful photos!

Robyn said...

Neat fall shots. The large oak tree with red leaves is so vibrant.

Looks like your girls are full of fun!

Rebecca said...

You have some great colors. This year ours are not so brilliant. I I like your lineup of pumpkins.

Kathy said...

Oh man, I COMPLETELY forgot about that Halloween snow last year!

Ida said...

Wonderful Autumn post. I love the bright colors. Oh "Trick or Treating" in the snow is just wrong!

Ida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renae said...

WOW WHAT AN ARRAY OF ELEMENTS! I loved the tree looking up, the laced shoes and ALL the others after that in random order. You are very talented.

Melissa Libertad said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures. I am loving this Anderson Crew blog hop. I am seeing so much beauty. :)

Nancy Claeys said...

Amazing photos -- love the perspective on each. xo

Lori said...

This photos are stunning! Love the Fall colors and the chicken! :)

livingtheseasons.com said...

I loved the photos and the story! I know how long these take and they're so much fun to look at later.

Nancy