Thursday, September 6, 2012

It Was A Good Day


Today was one of those days, windows down, hair blowing, radio blaring, taste of freedom kinda days.  
I dropped off my youngest for her first day of preschool, and I drove away all by myself.  


Okay, first I lurked in the hall looking through windows like a lunatic.  
When push came to shove it was kinda hard to let go.


Then I went for a run, and I felt very blessed and lucky.
I'm lucky to have a preschool (and teachers) where I have no doubt that my child is in the best care.


I'm blessed to have my husband of 14 years.  I love him dearly.
He supports my photography addiction and I make him collages for the office.


I'm blessed to have really sweet children.
They love their animals.
(But it's possible they are babying the chickens too much.)


And I was very blessed to have a preschooler so tuckered from her first morning
 that she took an afternoon nap.

It was a very good day.


 
Rural Thursday Blog Hop

12 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

LOL over the chicken in the swing!

Going for a run makes everything just fine :-)

Taylor and Robin said...

Beautiful photos - love the last one especially!

Adrienne said...

YOU time! Clear the mind, count your blessings! LOVE that sweet napping pic!

ali said...

That first picture is stunning. Can't help but giggle at the chicken in the swing. Glad I got to check out your blog through Embrace the Camera....

Ali
Storiesofagirlblog.blogspot.com

Kim Stevens said...

Loved all of these, but oh how sweet on that last photo!! Glad it was a good day!

Renae said...

Nice blog! Nice photos! Nice comment on my blog.

suggestion:
You need to watermark your own photos so they don't get copied and benefit someone else. Picasa has a function for that.

best to you!!! [i just joined]

Alexis said...

LOL the chicken in the swing is priceless.

Sophia Antoine said...

I absolutely love the chicken in the swing. They look so sweet. I agree, you are blessed.

Sophia
MultipliedLove.com

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

Love them with the swing & chicken. I bet the chicken loved that.

Donna Williams said...

What a great photo story! It's sad to let them go off on their own, but you always know it's for the best! I really like the photo of the running feet!

Nancy Claeys said...

Gorgeous images -- and the chicken in the swing is just too adorable. :)

Kaeley said...

The picture of your daughter napping is adorable!! <3