Saturday, September 1, 2012

Endless Summer


Sometimes I wish summer wouldn't end.  I love the easy days...waking up to 'what should we do?' instead of 'what's on the schedule?'...swimming, sunshine, butterflies, tan lines.  What's not to love?  But, this year I have been looking forward to the change.  We'll be entering a whole new phase this fall at our house, and it's been pretty exciting for me.  Except last night, after one of our last swims of the year, we went looking for fireflies...and there weren't any.  And I found myself quite sad to realize the summer is really over.



Project 52 - p52 weekly photo challenge with Kent Weakley

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

We're headed off to my son's first soccer game of the season ~ so that says fall's coming to me. I'm sadder than usual to see summer end too.

Julie Anne said...

Oh, I love this shot!! And I am right there with you enjoying the lazy days of summer... but I am definitely looking forward to routine again, although it's a busy one!!
visiting from Project 52