Monday, August 13, 2012

Growing


I've spent the better part of the past few days trying to ignore the peppers in our garden.  I've served them with hummus, stuffed them with cream cheese, wrapped them in bacon, sauteed them with onions, eggs, eggplant and squash, and tried to sneak them into everything else I've cooked.  I'm kinda tired of them now.  


But, we had to pick the bell peppers today.  Plants were falling over from the weight.  I guess I'll stuff them with quinoa. 
And maybe freeze them.  For later.
I'm sorry peppers, there are just too many of you.
 
It was a relief, on the other hand, to find some big, juicy green beans growing.
Everybody is eager for them.


Apparently, I don't even have to cook them.





Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

5 comments:

Pieni Lintu said...

Great shots all!!! I love that first one most! It's very beautiful!

Have a nice day! :)

Kathy said...

Particularly drawn to that irst shot. I really like the glimpse of bare feet in the DOF

Cropped Stories said...

I'm with the kids, I love them raw too! They are so crispy and make a great snack! Cute pics; love 'em!

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

Now isn't that exciting! Love that you grow your veggies.

Laura @ Green Legacy Farm said...

LOVE the photos...and the peppers!