Thursday, August 30, 2012

And Then There Was One


I sent three kids off to school this week.  It's still hard to believe it.  Hard to believe they are old enough.  Hard to believe I managed to coordinate all their supplies and backpacks.  Hard to believe they were all up and dressed before I got out of bed.  Hard to believe that this seems normal already. 

Then it was just two of us.  
I lost several games of Hi ho! Cherry-O


 And realized we had probably better replace our baby swing.
 When you have to pry your child out of it, that's a pretty good indication it's time to move on.


 We watched the chickens leaping at our sunflowers. 


And we waited patiently for the bus to bring our kids home.
We missed them.


 Here they come.




Rural Thursday Blog Hop


18 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my goodness! This is a such a sweet post!

alissa apel said...

I love that sweet picture of the swinging! Oh that expression in the last post is great to!

http://theapels.blogspot.com/2012/08/three-books-ill-never-throw-away.html

MG Atwood said...

What special time with your little one. Love the peek into your day! Thanks for sharing. Joining you from Rural Journal/

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

This is so sweet! Look at her face! :-)

The Smiths said...

These are great pictures. I especially love the one on the swings.

Alexis said...

Awww I can't imagine sending my kids off to school. If it ever happens I know it will be a hard day. Great photos.

Lisa Lynn said...

Love the photos! Especially the chicken leaping for the sunflower seeds :) And the look on your daughter's face in the last pic!

Pat said...

Wonderful series.

augcott said...

Your post made me smile :-D

Jess Judkins said...

simply sweet post!

Danielle Huddleston said...

Cute! Love her face in the last one!

Adrienne said...

Such a wonderful post...the first and last pics are priceless. Your chickens surprise me every time...who know chickens could jump!??!

tiarastantrums said...

the last photo is so adorable!

Deanna said...

Ahh it must be fun to spend time alone with your youngest. Treasure these times because they too will be but a memory before you know it. Sweet images!!

Sweet Georgia Sweet said...

What sweet photos! I was just telling my brother today that I need to buy HiHo Cherrio (sp?) for my son. :) I'm a brand new blog follower via The Anderson Crew: Embrace the Camera!

Love,
Bethany

Ngo Family Farm said...

Awwww, sweet kids! And the chicken jumping at the sunflower is too cute :)
-Jaime

Wendy said...

Next week it all starts here... I'm afraid my littlest is going to miss her siblings terribly ;(

Nancy Claeys said...

The jumping chicken is my fav. :)