Monday, July 9, 2012

Making Friends


 I was in a terrible funk all last week.  I think it was a nasty meeting of hormones, lunar cycles, and the heat.  I ate an insanely large bowl of ice cream and now I feel all better.  And then I met Fred.  (And I almost lost the bowl of ice cream)  We've found some sheds in the yard, so we knew a snake was about.  At first my daughter called him Roger, but decided he looked more like a Fred.

I thought he looked more like a garden hose...until he started to move.  Yikes.
Hello, Fred.


Bye, bye.


We've also been trying to reacquaint ourselves with the chickens.  It's hard to believe the once fluffy, little chics who lived in a box in my living room are all grown up, and frantically running from us whenever they see us in the garden.  But, we've had some success hand feeding them scratch.  First, in the coup in the morning so they couldn't escape...and now they are starting to approach us in the yard.  Gives me hope.  I really wanted friendly chickens!


Hope your weekend was full of friendship.
Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

ARGH! I can't believe you had the presence of mind to take photographs of Roger! Amazing what a big bowl of ice cream will allow you to do :)

Kathy said...

ARGH! I can't believe you had the presence of mind to take photographs of Roger! Amazing what a big bowl of ice cream will allow you to do :)

Adrienne said...

If I'm being honest...the chickens scare me as much as the snake! But, as usual, I love the photos! Hope this week is funk-free!