Thursday, July 12, 2012

FunFest


July is a crazy month.  A lot of festivals.  I love it!  I just wish everybody else didn't.  Can you see that crowd?  
Nuts.  
But, I fight them every year.  What I haven't done any other year of attending this particular festival (over 13 years worth) is to participate in the parade they hold at the end of the first day. We could just never make it that long.  I can't believe what we have been missing.  Fun, fun, fun, fun.  And the kids!  They loved it, too!  (I mean, who wouldn't?)


They tried out a few of the costumes provided by the festival, my oldest 2 eventually settling on a 3 person dragon with another older girl they met.  My younger girls found some light weight stars.


 My sweet girl kept that tail in the air the whole parade route, and she was sweaty and mussed at the end, but proud.  And my son, a real performer.  He was trying to make the dragon dance, going over to little kids on the side and making them laugh...and of course, he was the one complaining beforehand about sticking around for the parade!  This year we actually saw some of his friends off by themselves, and I think he was just chomping at the bit to get away from his mom and little sisters.  But, we got through today intact.  Next year, it may not happen this way.


Unfortunately, in the midst of the parade craziness (and photo op height) my camera went all wacky.  I've been getting random 'ERR 99' messages from my rebel for a little while.  Now, things are just haywire, and I can barely get it to take a shot.  While I'd love the excuse of a new camera, I know it isn't in the cards right now, and I may have to live a while without.  Which is kinda like not breathing...but, my kids will get to see my face more, I guess.







9 comments:

danielle said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. I think I would start to hyperventilate! Found this http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/04/29/50mm-lens-contact-points/. Not sure if it will work but I did have a long time photographer tell me the eraser tip to clean contacts before and have done it to my lenses. Good Luck! Found you through embrace the camera :)

Wendy said...

Oh man, that festival looks fantastic!!! I can understand the crowd :) Good luck with your camera, I had to laugh at your comment about your kids getting to "see my face more" I totally know what you mean ~ ha!

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Oh what fun! I love the costumes an the cute dragon! (That tail shot is too cute!) Sorry to hear about your Rebel, mine is acting up just a bit, but I'm hoping it's just my kit lens. Fingers crossed it's nothing major for either of us.

Em S said...

Crowds...oh, someday I'm going to have to get over those to enjoys things like festivals...I think I might still have one year before I have to do that. Hopefully your camera holds up and it turns out to be nothing!

Henrietta Hassinen said...

Looks so fun. I love summer festivals, there is always something to do if you want to go somewhere.

Heidi said...

I really don't like crowds but your pictures make me want to go to a fun festival! Sorry to hear about your camera

Jen Price said...

Looks like a fun time! I love festivals.

Melissa Bliss Rich said...

That looks like tons of fun. Sorry to hear about your camera though ;(

alicia said...

Aww... so sorry about the camera. Wouldn't it have to happen when it's not in the budget. :( I'm the same way with crowds, but your pics are inspiring. Way to overcome and make it a fun experience for the kids. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to our Summer Daze Party!