Thursday, July 5, 2012

Embrace Some Space


It's been one of those weeks.  Bickering.  Short tempers.  Crabbiness.  And the kids haven't been very good either. ;) It was no surprise when I walked out into the evening sun the other night and asked if anyone wanted to take pictures with mom, that the response was a quick, 'No, we're playing a game.'  In their defense, they were, in fact, in the middle of make-believe.  To be honest, I was glad to just go mess around myself.  I needed a little space.  Eventually, I cracked myself up with the nonsense necessary to use a self timer, which is even more weird with just me in the shot.  But I was determined to put my face in a picture this week.  And then I got a good chuckle again later when I realized I was wearing a shirt with a large deer silhouette on it.  A pretty, dreamy dress would have been better...on a beach...on an island...  But, of course, this is reality this week.  The good, the bad, and the deer.  Or is that an elk?

Later, when stickiness had taken over and the 4th of July was not going as planned...I escaped...to chase butterflies.  All by myself.  Yes, I did.  Because sometimes it's about what I want.  Does that sound awful?  Not often.  But sometimes.

I hope you had a great fourth of July.  I hope you got to do something you wanted to do.







7 comments:

Athienna said...

I love your shirt! You look beautiful!!

annalee said...

that butterfly picture is so neat!

Elle Jane said...

Personal space is sometimes so necessary! I'm glad your kids let you get a moment :)

mommyjennie said...

great pics!!

kate said...

visiting from embrace the camera... i love that you had a deer shirt on, having a real moment. So many people post these beautiful pictures of themselves in whispy dresses and dreamy backrounds and i think..."uhhhh my ratty shorts under a really long, old shirt with nasty flip flops might not look that great on my blog" Thanks for keeping it real!

hennymats said...

oh that sounds too familiar... glad you got your escape and i just love the pictures!

MixedMolly said...

We've had one of those weeks too. The midsummer blues. Love the last one, holding the butterfly. Getting away by myself always appeals to me now that I have four kids :)