Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cassiopeia Two Ways



I got it in my head to try some nighttime photography.  My first attempt was a bit bumbling, and I couldn't remember anything I had read about the process.  My ISO was way too high, and despite its first appearance as a fail, I really liked how it turned out.  But, in more of an I meant to do that kinda way.  Which I didn't.

I went back the next night and tried to fix it.  And despite this one looking more like I expected, it still seems a little off depending on how I view it (took it off facebook it was so pixelated) so I'm sure I've got a lot more to learn on this subject.  But, a fun experience none the less.  I got my star gazing in at least.  Gearing up for some more in a few weeks because it just so happens that the Perseids meteor shower occurs right near Cassiopeia on August 11/12 and 12/13.  
You may want to check it out!


2 comments:

Jaymi said...

wow that is a really beautiful shot! I have never tried photographing stars, but have always wanted to!

Deb Crecelius said...

I love them both!
Very different, but both excellent.