Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sunlight

 I finally broke down and paid my fines so we could use the library again.  I tried to restrain myself, but eventually I was piling up books on Monet & Klee, Great Composers and even CDs of Beethoven and Bach.  After starting the summer with cartoons, video games and swimming, we needed a morning listening to (and being surprised by) Beethoven and reading a bit about Monet.  Then we struck out on a local field trip.  We headed to a small water lily pond to sketch.  Nobody seemed too keen on it until we got there, got out the supplies (even my old pastels) and I let them have at it.  Eventually, I had to drag them away.  

I also had to fish parts of folks out of the pond, and...um...my lens cap.  But I digress...


 It was definitely worth the trip to help young eyes see something new.  And older eyes, too.
The sun was mostly a distraction, hitting the water oddly so we couldn't see if there were any fish.  But when I got home and looked through my pictures, I saw the water lilies in a whole new light.







P52 with Kent Weakley


5 comments:

...from the Inside Out said...

Wow, that last shot is amazing! Love it ;)

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Gorgeous! Glad you were able to fish out your lens cap! Love the last two shots, so pretty.

Ashley: The Greek Wife said...

Oh no! Glad you got it back. I love the combination of shadow and reflection in the third one.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Stunning shot of the sunlight and reflections in the last photo. Beautiful!

Stephany said...

that last shot it's like WOW!