Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spring Top 5


I thought this would be a fun exercise, picking my favorite pictures of kids and pets from the spring, but I must admit it gave me fits.  I didn't really know how to go about sorting through those masses of pictures I take.  By activities, like bubbles and swimming and fireflies?  Try to represent each child?  Just go by gut reaction?  I think a did a little of all of that.  
Here are my favorites from the spring.



I'm not gonna lie, I had a little session with my son yesterday just for this.  While I was searching through, I realized how few pictures I had of him.  I just lovelovelove his long lashes and freckles.  Momma's boy.



This one just makes me smile.  The askew goggles, the smirk, the floaties...  It's unusual for my daughter not to have a big smile on her face, despite the fact that she has been the most challenging of all my kids.  Perhaps she is copying my expression here...


Bubbles.  Sunlight.  Swimsuits.  Perfect way to start summer.  
And I love that the big sis is making bubbles for the little. 



I had to have some fireflies in here, too.  Because we are obsessed with catching them, and I am obsessed with photographing them.  This was her first catch all by herself.  And the wings?  Well, my daughters thought it would help attract the fireflies.  
And it worked.


This is Josie.  We said goodbye to her in April.  Toward the end, we just let her have the couch.  First we looked the other way when she snuck up there at night.  Then we were helping her get up and get situated.  Now that she is gone, we all have had a little trouble sitting in her spot.















15 comments:

Mama said said...

Love them all. The goggle and bubbles are perfect!

Adrienne said...

This is a lovely set of photos ~ and I love it that wings are worn at your house!!

Sarah Halstead said...

I love every single one. Great captures. Thanks for linking up.

Saun said...

Lovely set, I know the feeling saying goodbye is tough. We lost our Smuckers in February. Still miss him even with the two new pups.

Amber said...

So true....summer lends to so many fun things.

Love the focus on the nose of your furry child!!

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

Oh my- I love the goggles & the bubbles in the sun flare. Beautiful!

Cropped Stories said...

Okay, I have one word for you! GORGEOUS! Love these! That second shot is fantastic and I love the sunflare in that middle shot! Oh and the freckles in that first shot; so cute!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous shots! I especially love the puppy one. I am so sorry for your loss. We have a golden retriever who will be 10 in December and as time marches on I know that we will one day have to make that very sad decision too. :(

Ashley Sisk said...

What a fantastic set - I especially love those goggles.

tiarastantrums said...

love the bubbles and sunset!

Patti said...

The goggles make me giggle.
Josie made me cry - I have a Libbi who looks so much like your girl! {{{hugs}}}

Amy said...

I love all of your photos! I love that you captured your kids in real life moments, just being themselves. And the last one, of your pups, I teared up. So sweet!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful set of photos, I especially love the bubbles and the goggles but my favourite is the one of your dog's nose, I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Megan Bailey said...

These are great! I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. She was beautiful!

Michelle said...

What great shots. Love the bubble shot.