Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Making My Lists

I'm in a list making mood.  Lists of summer reading, summer activities, summer supplies.  I'm good at making lists...but not so good about acting on them.  I lose them, forget them, misplace them.  And I wonder why I make them at all?  I was supposed to go to the store yesterday while my oldest finished their last day of school, but I got distracted by a puppet show (involving backdrops!  Clever children!)


And so my list for supplies sat useless on the table. 
But, my list of summer reading was acted upon in the afternoon, and we now have 3 new additions to our home library:

Stuart Little
The Phantom Tollbooth
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

I wasn't really sure which was more cost effective, dealing with the fines I have already--and will undoubtedly add to--at the library, or just buying the books.  I'm not a Kindle person, I still want the feel of a book in my hand, and with the span of ages in my readers it just makes sense to have certain books around.  I'm excited to read the Mixed-Up Files.  It may spur a field trip to the Met, or at least an art museum.  Which reminds me...I need to go work on that summer activities list.

1 comment:

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

I love lists too! Such a cute little puppet show, so creative! I don't blame you for getting distracted.