Thursday, May 3, 2012

Embracing the End

 Today I had a little photo dance party lined up in preparation for the weekend celebration we will be having for my daughter's First Holy Communion.  But, when I walked down the stairs this morning, I knew that today was the day.  My old girl has had enough.  And everyone can see it.  So we sat down to talk about the End.  It is an awful thing to have to plan.  It doesn't seem right, and it's why we've put it off until we just couldn't ignore it any more.  She was a really great dog, and we were lucky to have her in our lives for 10 years.  We'll miss her.













9 comments:

Melissa G. said...

Oh i am so sorry! Reading your post made me tear up. What a hard thing to have to go through. I'll be praying for your family today as you say goodbye.
Each one of these photos are so beautiful!

Jacci said...

Oh, heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for you and your sweet family. WHat precious pictures of your doggie, though. It's really wonderful you were able to capture those.

PoppyHarleyLove said...

What a tough decision to make; dogs are truly our best friends. It makes me sad to hear your news. My thoughts are with you today.

Amy said...

:((((( im so sorry! :((((( but what amazin photos to capture! Hugs

MRivas said...

Awe, this is so sad. These pictures are truly beautiful memories you have!

Diana said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. These photos instantly had tears streaming down my face...what a beautiful pup, and what a wonderful 10 years she surely had. Much strength to you and your family.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's always so hard to say goodbye to a beloved member of your family.

ashley said...

oh gosh, i am so sorry to hear this. you are going to cherish these pictures for a very long time!

xoashley

ashleytrujillo.com

inlehmanstermsblog said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That really is one of the hardest decisions to have to make, as a pet owner. Beautiful photos. She looks like she was a sweetheart.