Thursday, May 10, 2012

Embrace the Family Photo (and Dance Party)


I've been embracing the camera for quite a while, so it isn't unusual for me to jump into pictures anymore.  And, of course, I've got lots of pictures of my kids.  On occasion, my husband will get in there, too (a dead animal might be involved).  It is a particular rarity to have an actual family photograph.  But we got one this past weekend at my daughter's First Holy Communion.  And, at least half of us were looking the right way!






Additionally, we had a dance party last week.  We were prepping for our party weekend, and what I confusedly thought was going to be Mother's day.  Silly me.  Got all mixed up.  Mom thing.  So, party like a rock star all you moms.  You deserve it.  Even if you can't keep anything straight.



5 comments:

The Popes said...

Love the feet shots! I actually just took some like that last Sunday when I walked into a Dance Party my husband and daughter had going on! Too fun!

Em S said...

Sounds like an accomplishment to me! Love the feet shot!

Adrienne said...

hahaha! Bravo for getting the husband in front of the camera...mine winces, makes snarky comments and faces (of course, he has been putting up with me and my camera for 25+ years!). AND I'm going to take mother's day feet pics...tho we'll probably be on the floor playing some kind of game and not actually dancing!! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Wendy said...

Ha ~ the dance party sound and looks like fun! Congrats on your daughters First Communion! My son also celebrated his a couple of weekends ago ~ he was so excited!

bird and tree said...

dance parties are the best!!! We have them almost everyday...my kiddos love it!!! So cute!