Friday, April 20, 2012

Things That Grow


Ah springtime.  There are so many wonderful changes in the world.  A clump of lily of the valley is proliferating in one of my beds, the bleeding hearts are bleeding, and we may be picking asparagus for the weekend.  But this week, when I think of things that grow, it has to be my baby.  She shot up sometime when I wasn't looking.  For kicks I had her line up against the growth chart I made for the kitchen, and while every other of my children was about the same as they were at the end of February (except for my son, who shrunk because he cheated at the first measurement--that stinker), this one has grown about an inch.  In less than two months.  I didn't need the chart to see that it was happening, but there was still something shocking about it.  Sigh.



10 comments:

Danelle said...

Very cute! Love her expression.

collettakay said...

Love it! They do grow when we aren't looking.

Here's my p52:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/p52-week-16.html

Colletta

...melody... said...

How exciting! :)

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Cute! Love that you track their growth on the wall!

Ronda said...

Love that, what a great shot.

Diana said...

Look at those big beautiful eyes! Sweet photo.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

She's literally growing before your eyes..and quite quickly at that! Such a wonderful way to capture what you're marking down.

I've kept track of my daughters since they were adopted, marking their height, weight, and what size clothes they wear next to the date. It's been interesting to see the growth spurts, and also compare their sizes when they were each other's age.

kelly said...

this is such an adorable photo. love her expression and how you captured this moment that every parent can relate too. :)

Donna said...

I love the sweet expression on her face. Such a cute picture.

Sheila @ Seasoned Joy said...

Great interpretation of the theme, and her expression is so cute!