Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lanterns

 Yesterday, after a day spent reorganizing, I took a break and watched Tangled with the kids.  We just love this movie, I particularly love the scene with the lanterns.  In fact it made me look up lantern festivals when I first saw the movie because I thought it would be so incredible to go to one.  Haven't found any local enough to work out...yet.  Perhaps I'll organize my own.  I did manage to find websites where lanterns can be ordered, and over the Christmas holidays, when we had an onslaught of family birthdays, I surprised my kids by setting a few up into the sky.  They came in a pack of 5--and someone was turning 5--with 5 letters in her name.  Such fun!  And the lanterns are pretty reasonable.  Almost reasonable enough to buy a whole bunch and gather hundreds of people in a local field?  
Just maybe.

No comments: