Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Menu and Shooting the Moon

I'm doing the final finagling of my menu for dinner tomorrow.  I've fallen out of good meal planning and have spent a lot of time shrugging and muttering at 5 o'clock, but I'm hoping to get back into it.  For tomorrow, though, I'd like to be prepared, even though it's just our family for a low key Easter dinner.

I just finished a favorite pecan pie muffin recipe, for snacking and a breakfast treat.  We'll also be having ham, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and an asparagus and potato quiche/frittata.  I don't actually make my quiche/frittata like this recipe/link--I saute the potatoes (in a cast iron pan) and push them down for a crust, add the eggs with chopped, roasted asparagus and cheese and finish in the oven--but this way sounds good, too, and I may try it.  For dessert I am deciding between a few cheesecake recipes.  I'd really like to try this one, but I am afraid pulling a bag of pb cups out of the closet will rouse a few suspicions.  I'll figure something out.

As a side note:  Last night was a full moon, did you see it?  On Thursday, I was walking down our upstairs hall and happened to notice the moon rising over the mountain across the street and ran down to take some pictures.  Last night, I sat on our porch for about an hour hoping to catch it again.  Shooting the moon is tricky, and this can explain it better than me.  But, I messed around and came up with this.


I just love the moon.
And Easter.
I hope you have a great weekend.
 

No comments: