Monday, April 30, 2012

The Dress


When I started looking for a first communion dress for my daughter, I was hoping for something similar to the dress I've used for their baptisms--one that has been used in several generations of my husband's family--with soft, white cotton and embroidery.  Simple and elegant.  I found one online.  I was excited when it came, because you never know.  But, it was really lovely.  Then I had flashbacks to trying to care for that fragile seeming cotton material.  The fear of scorching the it while ironing, staining it.  Even though I had put the communion dress in my closet for safe keeping, when I went to get it to iron it had a stain.  A stain.  A bunch of brown drips on the sleeve.  The only thing in my closet with them on.  Unbelievable.  A frantic hour later, and I had the drips out, but I was so on edge I put more wrinkles into it than I took out of it while trying to iron it.



Obviously, I'm not very good with an iron.  
But, all will work out in the end.  The dress is only a symbol of what is really important.




1 comment:

Jill said...

It's a Beautiful dress! You have a Lovely family.

I try to steer clear of Ironing as much as possible myself LOL.

~ Jill

http://www.frugalplus.com/