Monday, March 12, 2012

What's For Dinner?



Last week's big win on the meal planning front--aside from my son baking a batch of brownies himself --was an audible from Thursday.  It was raining on the day I wanted to pull out the grill for burgers, so I went with this meatloaf recipe instead.  Best I've ever made.  We had great sandwiches  (sans condiments cause I'm a plain Jane) with the leftovers this weekend.  And I finally got on some mac'n cheese, too.

Now this week--very excited for St. Patrick's Day!  I love love love me some corned beef.  I was thinking about making it more than once, but I think I'll save it for a big Saturday night feast, complete with shamrock decorations and a visit from leprechauns.  And I'm hoping for leftovers for sandwiches Sunday!

Otherwise less fun:
Monday:  Spinach quiche or frittata
Tuesday: Chicken n' salsa tacos (with leftover chicken for Wed)
Wednesday:  Mexican Chicken Casserole, something like this
Thursday:  Sausage, bean & kale soup with french bread
Friday:  Pizza or fish fry
Saturday & Sunday:  Corned beef n'cabbage with soda bread!

On a side note, the sun set on spring break 2012.  It was a little bittersweet to send the older kids off to school this morning.  And go figure, weather in the sixties all this week!

No comments: