Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embracing the Weeds


It's really hard to believe it's almost the end of March.  Well, it's hard to believe it's almost the end of March and my husband hasn't started planning the garden yet.  I've been riding his gardening enthusiasm coattails the past few years, but he's been working so much recently that I don't think he's had the energy to throw himself into the garden like he usually does.  This week he has been casually mentioning weeding the raspberries in the morning as he is leaving for work.  Me weeding the raspberries.  And the kids.  Now, this seems pretty logical.  I'm here.  The kids are here.  We play in the yard a lot.  It makes sense that we could tackle this.  But so far, it's been patchy.  As in, there are patches weeded in different parts of the yard.   A small clump cleared in the midst of the raspberry row.  A little around the blueberries, and the flower bed with the peonies (by the swingset).  Places where the kids stayed long enough for me to get my hands dirty.  And then, they'd run somewhere else.  Now, we don't have a really big yard, but we have hazards and obstacles.  I don't have a clear view of everything from one spot.  And though I know I'm getting closer to a comfortable place as far as kids exploring, I'm not there yet.  I can really only relax when the kids are right close with me.  So, the weeds will have to wait.  We love to blow the dandelions anyway.

http://andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com/p/embrace-camera.html

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Weeding can wait...in my opinion dandelion blowing is more important anyway! (but for the record, that is why I am a horrible gardener).

Lauren said...

She is beautiful!

Danett said...

Love those eyes!!! Found your blog from ETC, love it!

Mariah said...

I spend every day with "flowers" AKA weeds, in my hair. Sweet gifts from my sweet boys! Love!