Friday, March 30, 2012

Details



My daughter is making her First Holy Communion in a few short weeks.   It's very exciting, and I want to take care of as many details ahead of time as possible.  I know exactly how these things go, and it ends up with me a basket case, doing everything at the last minute and not really being present in what's going on.  I want the details out of the way, so we can focus on the big picture--the sacrament.

We picked up a veil at Michael's last week with a coupon.  It was a great deal, but only if it looks nice--so, we messed around today with bobby pins and the curling iron.  Good thing, too, cause this kid's hair doesn't curl!  But, I managed to figure out a full, loose bun, and the result...



Beautiful.  




http://my3boybarians.com/






6 comments:

Danelle said...

These are just beautiful!

A Garden of Threads said...

Your daughter is beautiful, you must be so proud.

Shawna said...

I love the bun! Congrats to your little girl!

Susan said...

What an exciting time!! She is so pretty...

Sarah Huizenga said...

What a special day for her. You definitely want to be able to enjoy the moment.

Cecile B said...

how sweet! i remember the day of my first communion and how excited i was!
how great she has these photos look back on the occasion.