Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What's for dinner?

Meal planning.  It's often a subject of conversation at our house--mostly to start doing it.  I didn't think we were really spending that much on food until we sat down and sorted out what we spent last month and...whoa...not good!  So, last night, I started planning dinner.  In my head.  During the 3 hour drive home from a night at grandma's.  Because, of course, we'd get home at about 6:30pm.  Normally, I would have hit the fast food.  But, I knew there was lunch meat for those whose wheels were squeakin' and there would possibly be some stuffed peppers if my husband didn't eat them all while we were gone.  He didn't, so I did.  And if I was really lucky--I wasn't--he would have made meatballs with the other stash of ground meat.  Looks like that's on my agenda for today.  Then I'll try General Tso's chicken--and I'll probably make it every other day if the recipe is any good!  And maybe chicken parmesan or parmesan chicken a la Giada if there is chicken left from the family pack.  Hopefully, that will take us to Friday, when I often enjoy a little pizza from scratch.  I'm looking forward to trying a new dough recipe.  And by then I'll have tired of meal planning and wing it through the weekend....and hopefully I'll get a nap.

Snoozing---eventually----at grandma's

No comments: