Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Crafty

I've become a bit of a blog addict over the past year or so.  I've found a few that I love, and I tend to check them daily.  Mostly I'm attracted to the photography on them, but also recipes, gardening, decorating, inspiration and crafts.  Now, I consider myself creative, I think, but I'm not sure about crafty.  Sometimes, perhaps.  But, I'm feeling inspired this holiday season to get my hands dirty--mostly because of the inspiration of others.

I saw this thankful tree and loved the circles and look of it almost as much as the message of thanks it brings...something we are trying hard to work on this year.  I don't think I could keep a 'tree' like that alive and well in my house--picture branches ripped out and scattered about the house (or rearranged who knows where) on a regular basis--so I kept trying to think of a way to do something similar.  After reading this post by Ashley Ann of Under the Sycamore I couldn't help but stock up on supplies and attempt something.


I bought a 1.5 inch hole punch, some alphabet stamps, and this very versatile Martha Stewart stamp that I keep finding uses for.  I won't lie, the stamp isn't user friendly.  But, if you are willing to work with it, there's a lot of potential there.  Plus, I got mine at Micheal's--40% off with an additional 25% coupon.  I ended up using it to make 'thankful for' circles that we are making into a garland. 


Today, I am thankful to have my Sweet Girl home with me, recovering from yesterday, helping me realize the wonderful blessings in my life.



No comments: