Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tricks or Treats


We woke up Saturday morning to a blanket of snow, with more falling and on the way.  Well, mostly I woke up to my kids screeching excitedly at the windows--about both the snow and the fact that Saturday was our designated trick or treat day. 

I wasn't nearly as excited by the combination. 


Tricks or Treats!

That snow was slippery.

The little ones got a wagon ride and a fire blanket.  The rest of us had to tough it out.


My son was a ghost (again) and my Sweet Girl wore a dinosaur/dragon costume made by her grandmother--for her uncle--years ago.  Still holding up and warm!  Warmer than the butterflies our girls were going to be, until the hissy fit thrown when someone realized our butterfly costumes didn't involve fancy dresses.  So, instead, I threw together a princess (and a frog) and a fairy godmother.  I was pretty proud of my ingenuity--little crowns tacked onto stuffed frogs and headbands.  I thought I was pretty clever!




  But, the cuteness was hidden under coats and the crowns destroyed by snow in about two houses.  Toes and fingers were cold and we came home and made emergency hot cocoa.  At least the neighbors were kind and our haul was large. 


Wishing you a warm, safe and happy Halloween!

No comments: