Thursday, October 6, 2011

Embracing Me

When I started embracing the camera, I saw it as an opportunity to get into pictures with my kids.  And it was fun!  Then, when I finished a round of pictures with them, I kinda figured that was that.  I mean, what now?  Again?  At some point I got the idea that there was more.   

So, I set off to take pictures of myself doing other things.  Things other than being with my kids.  Hehe.  Yeah.  Well, I took pictures randomly, when light was good or something caught my fancy.  My first thought when I looked at them....this is what I do all day?  Oh, how mundane!  But, I looked harder.  For the first time in a long time, I saw something more.  I'm proud of my home and I want to keep it clean, I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, I love having my dog at my feet, I yearn to get outside and feel the sun on my face.  At the end of the day, I am happy to sit down, surrounded by the people I love.  It's a good life.






8 comments:

Laurie J said...

what a new perspective on etc. great pics, esp that last one!
<3

Amber said...

LOVE these...and the chair in the last picture!

thethingsIammadeof said...

i love it! our kids need to know about the things that make us who we are other than just being their mom...one, because those things make us the mom we are and secondly, because i know i treasure those things about my own mother.

Wendy said...

These are great pictures. Love your perspective.

MnM said...

Beautiful set of pictures and of who you are. :)

Sarah said...

beautiful pictures!

bird and tree said...

what a lovely idea...I mean , I take it for granted too...so many times. Thanks for that reminder...what we do as mothers, wives and women really is important! Visiting from ETC!!! Love your blog!!

tasha said...

Those are beautiful shots-and so creative! Love how youu captured the beauty in the mundane/everyday!