Monday, October 3, 2011

Cash in the Attic

This weekend the change in the weather forced me to go scavenging in the attic.  Unfortunately, while the temperatures changed, the rain did not.  So, off I went to find coats, hats, gloves, etc.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I had sets for everyone, and they were mostly matching!  Which begs the question...should I return this?


I picked it up on impulse, and I know that outfitting kids at the beginning of the season is very different from finding things in January(in the house or at the store), so I'm pretty sure I'm just going to keep it on reserve.  Plus, I'll probably spend more than I save going back into Target another time because this sweater is on sale.  I own it in oatmeal, wore it all weekend, & could easily justify buying another.  Plus, the hat could be the beginnings of a great Halloween costume

Speaking of Halloween, that was another thing I scrounged for in the attic.  I was just taking stock.  I usually wait until the last minute and throw something together.  But, last year we were the only trick or treaters in our neighborhood and at the end of the day I kinda wished I had put a little more effort in.  I found a lot of wings--and they got a lot of love over the weekend.


During my searches through tubs and boxes, I came across a bunch of old sheets.  I'm not sure what I was saving them for.  I had a brain storm last night, and today we're using them to transform the dining room table.  Because, yet again, it's raining.

No comments: