Friday, September 23, 2011

Something in the Air

Ah...fall.  My favorite season.  The changing of leaves, the festivals, that something in the air...unfortunately, at our house this week that 'something' is clouds of Lysol.  My children are ushering in the change of seasons by exchanging a stomach bug.  I spent yesterday with a vigil over my two youngest to snuggle and console them clean the floors, wash the sheets & throw pillow covers, and scrub the sofa.  Ew.   Now, especially, I'm dreaming of a new sectional.

When we renovated our house, we moved an entry out of the kitchen and into the living room.  The kitchen turned out great, but the layout in the living room is awkward--especially since we bought the sofa and chair when we had half as many kids. We need seating and we need comfort--and the right sized sectional.  All things considered, a machine washable slipcover wouldn't be a bad idea, either.  And, of course, Pottery Barn has the perfect one.  Just the right size and covers you can wash at home.  This would be so wonderful, if I only had the cash to buy it.

Pottery Barn, how I love thee.

Well, time to get my head out of the clouds and back into removing that smell from my sofa.  I guess eventually, it will smell like dog again.  Haha.  Thankfully, the kiddos are easy to wash up.

No comments: